ToonDoo values the privacy of all its visitors, users, and others who use www.toondoo.com. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the ToonDoo website. ToonDoo provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the website.
Please note that any ToonDoo, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the ToonDoo website becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to ToonDoo when choosing to participate in various activities on the ToonDoo website such as uploading ToonDoos, posting messages in our forums/blogs or in the comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists
- Cookies information: When you visit the ToonDoo website, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. ToonDoo uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the ToonDoo website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the ToonDoo website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the ToonDoo website, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
How do we use the information?
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the ToonDoo website, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the ToonDoo website.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the ToonDoo website and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you submit to the ToonDoo website may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major ToonDoo website changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the ToonDoo website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When do we disclose the information?
We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the ToonDoo website.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law, DMCA) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
What can you do?
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact ToonDoo with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices.
Third-party websites or links to other sites
The ToonDoo website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by ToonDoo. ToonDoo has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites.
ToonDoo uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If ToonDoo learns of a security systems breach, then we will notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. ToonDoo may post a notice on the ToonDoo website if a security breach occurs.
We are wholly committed to protecting the privacy of young children. For that reason, ToonDoo does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the ToonDoo website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13.
If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the ToonDoo website at any time or in any manner. If ToonDoo learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the ToonDoo website without verified parental consent, then ToonDoo will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the ToonDoo website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
ToonDoo may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your ToonDoo account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Date Last Modified:
Effective date: March 14, 2007.
Please contact ToonDoo with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice.